This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Birds Eye®, and Farm Rich® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #FullnRichFlavor http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
I’m just going to put this out there – with October 1st right around the corner, I’m willing to make a Q4 2015 resolution. I am going to OWN quick weeknight meals. Really, truly own them. Whip up flavorful 30-minute meals in my sleep! Not literally, because I don’t recommend sleep cooking, but have an arsenal of delicious recipes (and an appropriately stocked pantry/fridge/freezer) to simplify the post-work, post-errands weeknight meal as much as possible.
And if that means downgrading the weeknight PB&J to a last resort basis? I’m totally okay with it. I’ve gotten a little bit comfortable taking the easy way out with those anyway. 😉
The dinner forecast is looking up, however, because I was introduced to Birds Eye Steamfresh® Flavor Full vegetables and Farm Rich® Smokehouse products. I found them both in the freezer section of Walmart, and they are serious dinner accelerators. Healthy, flavorful dinner recipe components that are guaranteed to please. And did I say they’re prepared in minutes? Music. to. my. ears.
It’s no secret that I’m a fan of all things BBQ, so I knew I wanted to combine stand-out flavor and quickness with one of my favorite dishes – nachos. The minute I laid eyes on Birds Eye Steamfresh® Flavor Full Barbecue Sweet Corn I just knew it needed to be incorporated in this quick weeknight dish. These juicy sweet corn kernels are combined with classic BBQ taste for a vegetable component that’s high in flavor and low in fat and cholesterol, with 0g of trans fat. I also spied other Birds Eye Flavor Full flavors that I need to try in the near future, like Buffalo Cauliflower, Ranch Broccoli, Sour Cream & Onion Potatoes, and Teriyaki Broccoli. Making barbecue/buffalo/ranch/sour cream & onion/teriyaki perfectly acceptable to enjoy as vegetables? Yes, please!
While nachos are typically served as an appetizer, I knew I needed these dinner nachos to contain protein for staying power. Enter Farm Rich® Smokehouse Pulled Pork BBQ. This pork (like the other Farm Rich® Smokehouse meats) are quality cuts of meat that are high in protein and smoked for hours, meaning extra brownie points for flavor. I love that all the work is done for you – simply heat the fully cooked pulled pork in the oven or in the microwave, like I did, to make this dish even quicker.
Crafting these nachos took no time after a quick prep for the ingredients. The tortilla chips of your choosing are laid on a lined sheet pan (lined = less clean-up!), and then layered with Farm Rich® Smokehouse pulled pork, diced onion, black beans, and the Birds Eye barbecue sweet corn. A drizzle of BBQ sauce goes over top and then a layer of your preferred cheese. Into the oven it goes to melt the cheese, giving you about ten minutes to chop, slice, and prep the remaining ingredients. Once the cheese has melted, it’s time for toppings. I chose sliced jalapeño peppers, diced green onion, and chopped avocado, but you can customize the add-ons to your family’s choosing. Thirty minutes from start to finish!
To round out the nutrition even more, I served these BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos with a side salad comprised of a few extra ingredients. Black beans, onions, and Birds Eye barbecue sweet corn are added on top of a nutritious blend of mixed greens and topped with a small drizzle of both BBQ sauce and light ranch dressing to round out this quick and flavorful meal.
Another reason these nachos are great for people and families on-the-go is that they can be prepared all at once like on the sheet pan pictured, or popped in the oven on smaller pans/baking dishes to make individual or smaller servings. That way everyone gets to enjoy warm, melted cheese on their CRISP tortilla chips and hot pulled pork whenever they get home and are ready to eat. Easy as that!
PS – For a limited time, you can earn $0.75 on Birds Eye Vegetables and unlock $1.00 off one Farm Rich® Smokehouse product with Ibotta while supplies last. Haven’t used Ibotta? Just download the Ibotta app (available for iOs and Android). Before you head out to shop, be sure to unlock these rebate offers for both Birds Eye Vegetables and Farm Rich® Smokehouse. Then you’re good to go! Once you buy the products from a major retailer, verify your purchases by scanning the barcodes and submitting a photo of your receipt.
Loaded BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos
- 3/4 cup Birds Eye Steamfresh® Barbeque Sweet Corn
- 1 1/2 cups Farm Rich® Smokehouse Pulled Pork BBQ
- Approx 35 tortilla chips (really as many as you like)
- 1/4 to 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce divided
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheese, such as pepper jack, cheddar, etc.
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch green onions, diced
- Prepare the Birds Eye Steamfresh® Barbeque Sweet Corn according to package directions: Place package in the microwave and microwave for the time the package states. For me, this was 6 minutes. Carefully remove hot corn from package and place in a bowl. Set aside. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the Farm Rich® Smokehouse Pulled Pork BBQ according to package directions: Remove outer plastic and cardboard wrapping and lift one corner of the film to vent. Microwave for about 4 minutes. Remove the film entirely and stir the pork. Microwave again for 3-4 minutes. Let pork sit while you prepare the nachos.
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place a layer of tortilla chips evenly on the pan to cover the bottom. Add Farm Rich® Smokehouse pulled pork BBQ evenly over the tortilla chips, and then sprinkle diced onion, black beans, and Birds Eye barbecue sweet corn over top. Drizzle about 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce over top, and then sprinkle shredded cheese in an even layer. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- While nachos are in the oven, prep the rest of your ingredients: slice jalapeño, chop avocado, and dice green onions. Once nachos are done, drizzle remaining 2 tbsp BBQ sauce over top and scatter jalapeño, avocado, and green onions. Serve while warm.