This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BPPatties #CollectiveBias
If the whole genie in a bottle situation happened and I got to make three wishes, I’m absolutely, for sure, certainly going to wish for a grill. Well, more realistically I’d wish for the “no grills” clause of our lease to disappear, but the end game would be the same – we’d be grilling.
Needless to say Brian and I have been actively trying to distract ourselves from all things grilling season. He’s taken it especially hard, as lording over grilling meat with a cold beer in his hand (and the ball game playing in the background) is one of his favorite summertime activities. Believe me though, I’m 100% supportive. He’s making dinner, the oven isn’t on and heating up our entire apartment, and – oh yeah – he’s making dinner. Cha-chiiiing. 🙂
So until that genie finds his way over here, we’ve been in serious pursuit for classic grill foods that aren’t cooked on the grill, but still have all that great grilled flavor. Kind of a tough one, right? Enter Ball Park® Flame Grilled Patties. These babies come in seven varieties, including the new Hickory Smoked Bacon & White Cheddar Chicken Patties which I used to make these bacon cheddar chicken burgers. And OH MAN are they good.
These Ball Park® patties are fully-cooked, which means after just about a minute in the microwave, they’re ready to eat! Quick and tasty is the name of the game here, which makes these burgers a treat for a weeknight dinner. Not only are these patties speedy to prepare, but they have that same great flame-grilled flavor you’d get with a grilled burger – except without the grill! Being able to enjoy different types of juicy burgers in a flash (sans grill) is SUCH a win for us.
For being chicken, these burgers are seriously substantial and worthy of being labeled man food (and woman food, too). Ball Park® Flame Grilled Hickory Smoked Bacon & White Cheddar Chicken Patties are piled high with (more) white cheddar cheese, (more) bacon, thick tomato slices, and raw and sautéed onions. Yup, double onions is one of Brian’s favorite burger toppings, and he quickly converted me. Rounding out these burgers is a thick layer of smoky guacamole. Because any opportunity to sneak extra avocado in my diet is one I’m going to take. 🙂
I picked up these Ball Park® Flame Grilled Patties in the frozen food section of Publix. Can I tell you about my latest crush? It’s Publix. I’ve mentioned before that my very closest grocery stores at times lack a dependable selection, so I headed over to Publix to grab these burgers. In all honesty it isn’t prohibitively far away from where I live, so they will be seeing a whole lot more of me. 🙂
P.S. Quick and easy is the name of the game here, and the same is true for entering the Hall of Flame Sweepstakes/Giveaway. Head on over and you can win up to $1,000 in prizes!
Bacon Cheddar Chicken Burgers with Smoky Guacamole
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large Vidalia onion, half cut into rings and half sliced into smaller strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Half of a large tomato, sliced into rounds
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese
- 4 Ball Park® Hickory Smoked Bacon & White Cheddar Chicken Patties
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- While oven is preheating, add olive oil to a pan set over medium heat. Add the onion half that has been sliced and let saute to caramelize for about 15 minutes (stirring occasionally), or until the onions are beginning to soften and the edges are browning. Reserve the raw onion rings for serving.
- While the onions are sauteing, place bacon strips onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until bacon has crisped to your liking. Remove cooked bacon from sheet, blot with a paper towel, and set aside.
- To make the smoky guacamole, peel avocado and remove pit. Place avocado in a bowl and with a fork, mash until it is slightly chunky. Add sea salt and smoked paprika and mix in.
- When your bacon, onions, and guacamole are prepared, place Ball Park® Hickory Smoked Bacon & White Cheddar Chicken Patties on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a paper towel. Microwave on high heat for 80-90 seconds, or until heated throughout. Let stand for about one minute.
- To assemble burgers, spread about one-quarter of the smoky guacamole onto the bottom of each burger bun. Then add one Ball Park® patty to each, then top with a slice of cheese, one slice of bacon, one tomato round, raw and sauteed onions, and the top of the bun.
Thank YOU for supporting the brands that keep My Sequined Life running! ♥