This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiveABox #CollectiveBias
Easy no-bake peanut butter cereal bars are a delicious breakfast, snack, or even dessert recipe made with Honey Nut Cheerios™. All you need are just four ingredients!
It's no surprise that I tend to get sentimental about things. After all, happy tears fall from my eyes at the slightest bit of heartwarming news. Today I'm happy to be getting sentimental about breakfast! (and probably a commercial or two, a picture of a rescue pup on his/her freedom ride, an article about someone following their dreams...)
Growing up, my dad was out the door early for work so my mom was charged with the task of making sure I wasn't ignoring my alarm clock and got to school on time. She also insisted I eat a substantial breakfast each morning, instilling the importance of an A.M. meal in me that I've carried with me into adulthood.
Sometimes she surprised me with an extra-special breakfast on certain days (I came downstairs the morning of my S.A.T. exam to find three pancakes waiting for me - one 'S'-, one 'A'- and one 'T'-shaped), but we usually stuck with tried and true favorites, like Cheerios™. 90% of the time we ate Honey Nut Cheerios™, but every so often we'd switch it up and enjoy Apple Cinnamon Cheerios™. Gotta keep things fresh!
Buy a Box/Give a Box promotion
When I heard that Walmart was offering a "Buy a Box/Give a Box" Cheerios™ promotion, I just knew who I'd share a box with - mia madre! Plus, could the timing be any better with Mother's Day approaching?
The way this promotion works is simple. When you purchase a specially-marked box of Cheerios™ at Walmart, you'll find a code inside the box that can be entered online to send an E-card to a lucky recipient for them to receive a coupon for a free box of Cheerios™ at their local Walmart. All you need is their email address! Since my parents live across the country, being able to send my mom an unexpected gift virtually is great.
To make use of this promotion, I bought Honey Nut Cheerios™ (obvs ♥) and wanted to create a fun breakfast/snack/dessert recipe that I could eat either on-the-go or leisurely at home.
These no-bake peanut butter cereal bars use just four ingredients and are made either via stovetop or microwave. No need to turn on the oven! That's extra nice given that the warm summer months will be here before we know it.
- Honey Nut Cheerios™
- your favorite peanut butter
- mini chocolate chips (or not - these are optional)
Simple recipe steps
The first step is to melt together the peanut butter and honey. You can do this either in the microwave or on the stovetop over low heat. Stir frequently as the mixture melts, until it is smooth and combined.
Next pour it into a bowl over the Cheerios and stir until they're coated evenly. Press the cereal mixture into a parchment-lined 8" x 8" pan, then press chocolate chips into the top (optional but recommended!)
Refrigerate the bars for at least 45 minutes before slicing as this helps them slice cleanly.
As with a lot of no-bake bar recipes, these are best stored in the fridge so they hold their shape. Even after a few days in the fridge they stay nice and crisp, and I wrapped each one individually so they were ready to go and speedy in the morning. Because if there's one thing I know, it's that breakfast is a meal not to skip! Even when you've hit snooze a few too many times. Thanks, Mom!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 ¾ cups Honey Nut Cheerios™
- 1 tablespoon mini semisweet chocolate chips optional
- Line an 8" x 8" pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add peanut butter and honey to a large microwave-safe bowl and heat in short (10-15 second) intervals until mixture is melted and smooth, stirring after each interval. Alternatively you can add peanut butter and honey to a large saucepan set over low heat and stir until melted.
- Add Cheerios™ to bowl with the peanut butter/honey mixture and stir until the cereal is evenly-coated.
- Evenly press mixture into the prepared pan, making sure to press down nice and good so that the cereal will stick together once in bar form. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top and press slightly so they adhere. Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes before slicing into bars. Bars are best stored in the refrigerator so they retain their shape.
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate. As it can vary due to many factors (brands used, quantities, etc.), we cannot guarantee its accuracy.Food Safety and Nutrition Disclaimer