Creamy guacamole. Tangy, salty feta. Salty, crunchy pistachios. Crunchy, bursting pomegranate seeds.
I'm in love and I don't care who knows.
Guacamole is one of those foods that I can eat for any meal, for any snack, and certainly any time of day/night. Guac with chips, guac on sandwiches or burgers, guac with a spoon, etc. Yes, yes, and yes. All the guac.
This guacamole with feta, pistachios, and pomegranate seeds starts traditionally, but gets dudded up quick. Fancy (but super simple) guac at the ready! Feta adds an extra creaminess to the guac that combined with its saltiness!? Mmmm. Pistachios add to the slightly salty flavor and bring some serious crunch. Then the pomegranate seeds. Crunchy, refreshing, and tasty bursts sprinkled throughout. Plus they add a fab pop of color!
About those pomegranate seeds...add them to the list of foods I love but hardly ever eat. Do you have a list like that? I chalk it up to some residual bad memories from the first time I attempted to dissect a pomegranate. I was in college and figured it couldn't be that hard. Armed with a heavy duty plastic fork, I hacked into that thing with such fervor that deep red juice splattered all over my desk and white dorm room walls. Errrgghh. At least I got to snack on crunchy, refreshing pomegranate seeds while I scrubbed my room from top to bottom. Silver lining, found.
Paired with some chips or veggies, this guac is the perfect, festive party food. Who doesn't love an easy appetizer that jazzes up your table big time? I certainly don't...even if I've only been making this guac for a party of two. 🙂
- 3 avocados
- 2 tablespoon lime juice about 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic about 1 clove
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ onion diced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta or to your liking
- ¼ cup pistachio pieces or to your liking
- seeds from one-quarter or one-half of a pomegranate or to your liking
- Cut avocados in half and remove peels and pits. Place avocado in a bowl and add lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper, and cumin. Using a potato masher (or whatever kitchen gadget will do the trick - I used a meat tenderizer), mash up the avocado until it's mostly smooth with a few chunks remaining and lime juice and spices are well mixed. Stir in onion until equally distributed.
- Before serving, sprinkle feta crumbles, pistachios, and pomegranate seeds over top of guacamole (or stir in if you'd like!)
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate. As it can vary due to many factors (brands used, quantities, etc.), we cannot guarantee its accuracy.Food Safety and Nutrition Disclaimer