Kale Pesto Hummus
Kale Pesto Hummus is a creamy, healthy snack that’s easy to make at home! Kale and basil leaves, along with other traditional pesto ingredients, take hummus to the next level.
Prep Time 18 minutes
Total Time 18 minutes
For the Kale Pesto:
- 2 cups kale leaves, packed
- 1 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the Hummus:
- 1 15.5- oz can chickpeas, drained with the liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup tahini, well-stirred
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup reserved chickpea liquid
- 2 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, about half of one large lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Add kale leaves, basil leaves, pine nuts, and minced garlic to the bowl of a food processor and process until the kale and basil are finely chopped.
Pour in 1/4 cup olive oil and process again until smooth. Remove pesto from the food processor to a bowl and set aside.
To the now empty food processor, add all of the hummus ingredients and process until smooth.
Add hummus to the bowl with the pesto and stir together until combined evenly. Or if the bowl of your food processor is large enough, you can remove the blade and add the pesto back in there and stir.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2mg