Spicy Chipotle Hummus
Spicy chipotle hummus is an easy homemade hummus recipe with a powerhouse ingredient: chipotle peppers in adobo. You can adjust the spice level on this healthy dip to right where you want it!
Prep Time 7 minutes
Total Time 7 minutes
Servings 14 (estimated)
- 1 15.5-oz can chickpeas, drained with liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup tahini, well-stirred
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp reserved chickpea liquid
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo [see note]
This recipe yields approximately 21 oz of hummus in total.
A suggestion is to start with two peppers and see how the taste is. Then add another if you'd like this hummus spicier.
Serving: 3tbsp | Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.3g | Protein: 3.1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 167mg | Potassium: 80mg | Fiber: 2.2g | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.4mg